Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cayman Islands, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling


It Doesn't Get Any Better!

I have had the pleasure of spending time in the Cayman Islands and diving in the crystal clear, jade-green waters teeming with undersea life of all types. From coral to beautiful new saltwater species of fish - it was a thrilling time for a kid who never put a toe in the ocean.

I always snorkeled, as I prefer the basic concept and appreciate the limitations placed on depth. Deep, dark water makes me a bit uneasy. You won't notice this while snorkeling along at a nice easy pace and not worried about getting extreme and looking for deep holes (drop-offs) to go and explore. That isn't for the faint of heart.

I enjoy using my camera in a waterproof camera case, since it shoots ten minutes of video - just in case a pod of whales decides to cruise by. If you haven't dived the Cayman Islands, put it on you "things to do list". You won't regret it!

No comments: