Sunday, December 2, 2007

Keep Your Eyes From Straining


Some Good Sunglasses To Check Out!

I've been shopping for some cool shades to wear while boating. Like riding my bike (Harley Davidson "Wide Glide") - It has been my misfortune to get struck in the face and occasionally the eyes with some small particulate matter when not completely protected with a windshield or glasses. After snorkeling and underwater photography, power boating is one of my favorite sports. So Let's take a look at what found. These are all good products - these are also personal opinions!

There was first, the "Oakley Racing Jacket Pro Series" shades - that gave more of a sales pitch than a pair of glasses I'd consider taking out for a full day - they felt claustrophobic despite providing good vision and adequate ventilation. I thought they make one look like an insect, and not cheap either. Deleted from my list as "weird"!

Then I checked out some Tifosi Dolomite model golf sunglasses (they have a bunch of types) which were very cool looking through and I felt easy to look at the party wearing them. Interchangeable lens colors - like shooting glasses and feather light. These would be a pleasure to own - so they're on the list but not until I've tried some various other offerings than the Golf model. Just to be sure. My favorites for round 1 - hands down.
Rudy Project Syluro sunglasses were next, being very much the 2010 styles. Nothing I'd be wearing. These look like a pimp's shades or a Rap star's 250 pound, shaved head, Samoan bodyguards' sun glasses. Certainly not for an older fart like me. As they described them: "....the Syluro appears to be screaming-fast, with not a milligram of unnecessary baggage. At just over an ounce......half as much as some shades here.....beefed-up metal hinge pieces and super-strong ImpactX lenses (with material originally developed for bulletproof military windshields). Oh, I forgot, there's a bonus with the Syluro - extra ventilation! It get's hot in those black suits huh? Perfect for a bodyguard right?

Well, it looks like the Tifosi's today. This will continue a couple of more times and then I'll grab my favorites. In the meantime my trusty - 20 year old Ray-Ban Wayfarers will be on the job as always!

No comments: